Friday, May 26, 2006

From Mary Wolbers

Just a few words to share with all of you about my friend Jerm. This was a name I called him at times. I've known the Nelson family for ever, and by luck I ended up working with Jeremy as security in Boitanio Mall in Williams Lake. We developed a family there with the people we worked with. Working together there was constantly joking around and laughing. There was serious work at times, but laughter was most of the time. Jerm always wanted us to be a little up to date on security equipment, so he ordered these high tech radios with a small ear piece, and a hidden mike which we tucked in our shirts. No one else could hear us talk. Man when those radio's arrived, he was in his glory. I didn't want to let on that I was also excited.

So as soon as Jerm and I got to work together with this new stuff we acted like we were some kind secret agents. We even started dressing alike with black vests on. Remember, I'm old enough to be his mother, but that didn't to matter to Jeremy, we worked as a team.

Hey, those fancy radio's came in handy, when we were in hot pursuit. Like hiding in place's watching shoplifters. There was one time in the winter Jerm and I ran after a shoplifter into the park. It was dark, cold and lots of snow. We hid behind a snow bank and watch our shoplifter change into the clothes he had taken. Jeremy radioed, "Are you ready?"
"Sure!" I said. Just as he was to make a break for it we got our man. Job well done. We came back to the mall acting pretty smart. Of course we weren't allowed to leave the property, hey that was action for us.

With the job at birthday time, it was also cake time, which our boss ordered. Jeremy was the most happy about this because his birthday was close to Christmas, so that meant cake and more cake. He just loved Chocolate Tuxedo cake. If you mentioned carrot cake he wouldn't show up.


I can mention a serious occasion we walked up to the top level of the parkade he wanted to tell me something. He had mentioned awhile back that he had meet a girl and he really like her. While this consverstion was going to be something else I could tell. He said, "You know that girl I told you about, Donna, she is the one I'm going to marry." And they did.

They asked me to be a usher at their wedding. I'm telling you that was an honor. And here's a little secret at the wedding, I had to go knock on the door to tell the groom and his groomsmen to come out for the wedding ceremony, Jeremy and I were still passing secret codes. Jerm even asked if I made sure the parking lot was secure. My response was 10-4.

I just loved it when I'd be doing something goofy and Jeremy would have that big smile and shake his head, and just say, Mary.

Saturday morning we would all have breakfast together at A&W before starting our shift. Jeremy would always have his coupon for the bacon and egger, for him and Donna. He would eat his 2 and than eye up Donna's. That had to stop soon because Donna was now eating for 2. Jeremy was going to be a father, AWESOME!
Judah was born.

Jeremy quit security and furthered his education. Jeremy recieved a new job, going to a new town, new ventures. So off he went with his family.

We keep in touch.

This man touched each and everyone in someway. I was and am blessed to have Jeremy in my life. We had spirtual talks which I'll keep to myself. Wednesday morning May 3rd at the hospital I was asked, is this your son, no I said, but thank you for the complement. I'm his Auntie Mary.

Jeremy is with his cousin Josh, so Lord you have your hands full with those two, keep a close eye on them.

Thank you Jeremy and I love you.
Auntie Mary

No comments: