Sunday, July 23, 2006

Tracy's Thoughts

I lost my brother Derek to leukemia in 1988, he was 14 years old and I was 11. Finding out Jeremy had leukemia and then that he had passed away was like losing a brother all over again. When I met Jeremy in 1996 it was like gaining a brother. I remember him and Kendal coming into the music store I worked at and inviting me to watch Star Wars with them. They had gotten a projector and were going to watch it on the big white wall at the church they went to. I was pretty excited because I had lived in Williams Lake for about nine months and hadn't met anyone yet. And that's how it started. I remember thinking of us as the lucky seven, Lynn Anne, Robyn, Kendal, Mark, Karin, Jeremy, and myself. This group of friends had been friends for so long but they just excepted me in like I had always been there. It was awesome. Jeremy did not only become my friend but he also became my roommate. I could tell you so many stories about Jeremy but I won't. I will tell you that we went through a lot of other roommates in the few years we lived together. Brad, Scott, Tamara, Josh. But it was always Jeremy and I. I went through a lot of trying times but Jer was always there to help pick me up and get me back on track.... he was my brother, trying to look out for me. I do remember a necklace he gave me once, He gave one to all of us I believe.... The lucky seven. And it came with a little note "brother to sister, yours in life and death" I still have it today. I know Jeremy is in a better place, a place that he belonged. But I can't help but believe the world lost an angel the day he left. The world was a better place with Jeremy in it, my life was better with Jeremy in it. Jeremy's faith is an inspiration to me. I remember wishing that I could have the faith he had, wanting it so bad. Jeremy was so special, you couldn't knock him down. The last time I saw him was in the hospital in Edmonton. It was right after Josh passed away, I was so nervous going into see him. I hadn't talked to him in awhile and I wasn't sure what it would be like. But it was like we had been all the time. No different. We looked at pictures from when we were in Williams Lake, talked about old times laughed and laughed. I hadn't realized how much I missed him. Jeremy will always be one of those people you never forget in a lifetime. I know that life moves on, people move and life happens but I wish I could have been a better friend to him. Been there for him more. So Jeremy, I miss you and love you. Sister to brother, yours in life and death.

No comments: