Thursday, July 20, 2006

Thoughts from Sandi Jessee

I met Jeremy when he was doing security at Boitanio Mall almost 10 years ago. I had just returned from Maternity leave and we both worked Sundays at the mall. Back then, Sundays were very boring to work, so Jeremy would come to SAAN where I worked and we would chat. Most of our conversations were about what God was doing in our lives. I was going to the Anglican Church and he invited me to his bible study group. I said, "Are you sure they'll let me come because I don't go to their church." He said of course. So that night I went and met the Jones' and had a spiritual encounter with God and new that I would never be happy just going to the Anglican Church. This one invitation from Jeremy changed my life forever. I became really good friends with Robyn and Kendal Jones. I decided to start attending the Full Gospel Church in Williams Lake and became friends with everyone there including April Dell and Shirley Jessee. I am now married to Sean Jessee (Shirley's son) and would have never met him if it had not been for Jeremy.

We had many great times at the mall. After work we would have water balloon fights out back of the mall. Jeremy and Dave would end up getting soaked. I guess I had it made because I had an endless supply of balloons from SAAN and we would fill them up and store them in a shopping cart. Jeremy and I had lunch together almost every work day. Of course that was before Donna came along. I remember meeting Kendal and Robyn for Coffee at McDonalds and Jeremy would come. I spent a lot of time with Jeremy and people would ask if he was my husband. One time Rebecca's mom said that my son looked like Jeremy. Jeremy and I both laughed. (This was before Rebecca and Ron were together and before she really knew Jeremy.) Jeremy and I were good buddies. He started early morning prayer at the Church and then we brought it to the mall. We had our own prayer room and we prayed for people that worked at the mall and the troubled youth that we knew about. Jeremy would bring his guitar and we would sing some of our favorite chorus' out back of the mall. I would sometimes play my flute. I remember him telling me about his fear of spiders, so one time I went to the dollar store and bought some fake spiders and put them inside the wrapper on his favorite chocolate bar, Nestle Crunch. It was so funny to watch him when he found those spiders because he would try to shake them off as he did not want to throw out his chocolate bar. I think I pranked him a couple of times and then after that he would always check the wrapper before he ate a Nestle Crunch.

Donna started working at SAAN, and shortly after that Jeremy and her were engaged. He decided to go to the Pentecostal Church with her and that was sad for all of us at Full Gospel, but we understood. Later on, I took a job at the Tribune and was no longer a mall employee. Jeremy and I still kept in touch. Then our Church closed and I attended Calvary Church for a while, but decided that was not to be my home Church. I was able to see Jeremy , Donna and Judah before they left for Alberta. Then when I heard the news about Jeremy having Leukemia, I was very sad. We kept in touch over the email and on his blog site. He was always encouraging everyone even when he was feeling his worst. His faith in God was so amazing. He left a big mark in a bunch of peoples' hearts and changed a lot of peoples' lives through his prayers and encouragement. I miss him very much, but know that he is in Heaven with the Lord and has no more pain and suffering!!

No comments: