Thursday, August 03, 2006

Robyn's memories.....

I have so many memories of Jeremy. It is hard for me to know where to start. I met Jeremy at a very fragile point in my life. I had just left an abusive relationship, and I was very pregnant with my daughter Breanne. I had just started to go to New Life Church (Where Jeremy was) and I really didn't have many friends.
I met Jeremy at a baptism the church had out at Blue Lake. Jeremy offered to drive me home. All I remember was trying to squeeze my VERY pregnant body into Jeremy's little Camero, and staring at the hole in the floor thinking I was going to fall out the bottom! and that was the beginning of a very long friendship....
Despite my circumstances at the time, he never looked at me as THAT single mother, or treated me any different then he would have treated anyone else...he simply accepted me, at a time when many other people didn't. More then that he wanted to be my friend.
The next few years with Jeremy were anything but boring....Water fights in the middle of the night running through fields, paintball, hiking....man could I tell you some stories about that.....bad jokes, and nothing like watching the video of Jeremy eating cereal....ugh.....


Trips in the blazer....

Tender talking time....raiding the Jones kitchen.....Star Wars, campfires....trips to Likely. (That's a Likely story-he would say)....playing guitar....or rather...I would play, and he would bug me...how do you do that chord?
Juicing! Remember that guys? He made me really sick one night when we were all juicing at the church...he made some green concoction he swore would make me "grow hair". Man was I sick. (LOL)... oh...and CLEAR! "Jeremy can't you do that somewhere else?"
Kendal. I started hanging out with Kendal because of Jer. They were best friends.... we have been married ten years now! He was the best man at our wedding....


Donna's favorite song Mr. Frump (insert sarcasm here)

Todd's wedding (and a first dance for Jer and Donna)
Jeremy's wedding and Donna...a new stage in his life.




Jeremy as daddy....Man I looked foreward to seeing that.
Scott's wedding.

Prayer.
I have spent sooo many hours in prayer with Jeremy, praying for our friends, the church, revival. For change in our lives. More then anything else, Jer wanted to be right with God, and to do his will. In that he was an example for me and many others. Nothing came before God in Jeremy's life.
Because Jeremy accepted everyone and wanted them to know Jesus, he was always bringing someone new around, and I am still friends with some of these people today...Sandi, Tracy.
He inspired people to be better then they thought they could be.
Jeremy was an uncle to my kids who loved him to death. Uncle Jeremy could always be counted on to make them laugh with another corny joke, and he was a lot of fun. He was at most of their birthdays...
There are so many other things I could add....but I won't.
There are some people who touch your life in a way that doesn't leave you, and Jeremy was one of those people for me. I really miss him alot, but I am glad that we will also see him again some day...
We miss you Jer....
Robyn, Kendal, girls (and baby Jones)

No comments: